Thread: Criminal History Check
- 11-05-2007 08:53 PM #1DanaGuest
Criminal History Check
I am in the process of applying for a job at a hospital in the medical field in Ireland. The hosptial requested I send a statement from the USA Police saying I have no criminal history. I assume they are requesting a criminal history check through the FBI which takes 4 and half months to process. Does anyone know if I need that before I can get hired on and move to Ireland or will they hire me and be okay with getting the crimnal history a few months down the road when it is finished processing? I am eager to start work!
- 11-05-2007 08:53 PM # ADSCircuit advertisement
- 12-05-2007 12:37 PM #2
- 30-05-2007 04:30 AM #3SirmeljaGuest
The timeframe on the FBI website seems to be a worst case scenario. I was told 4-8 weeks by my recruiter, but in fact I got mine back in the mail in 13 days! This is the fastest I've ever heard of it coming back and my theory is that the process was facilitated by my already having had a check about 2 yrs ago when I became a naturalized American citizen. But, my estimate from various posts on the web is that it typically takes 4-6 weeks, so don't freak out.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By Quizzical Dog in forum NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 29-04-2009, 01:00 PM
- By Danipenn in forum Moving to IrelandReplies: 2Last Post: 01-03-2009, 05:33 AM
- By Bubblegum in forum Visa/Work Permit/Green Card issuesReplies: 0Last Post: 28-01-2009, 02:33 PM
- By johno in forum Moving to IrelandReplies: 0Last Post: 16-08-2007, 02:44 PM